Romanian-Austrian Science Day - 14 May 2009 VISITING & PARTNERING DAY, Iasi, Romania
The Romanian-Austrian Science Day is organised in order to further stimulate and intensify the co-operation in science, research and higher education between Romania and Austria. The objectives of the Romanian-Austrian Science Day are:
* to promote or initiate new and ongoing cooperation activities,
* to facilitate meetings between potential academic and research partners from Romania and Austria,
* to enhance and deepen the contacts in higher education and research between Romanian and Austrian universities and/or research organisations,
* to explore possibilities for developing new partnerships and deepening existing collaboration in joint study programmes, projects and research activities.
The research topics considered within the Visiting & Partnering Day are:
* Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Biotechnology
* Information & communication technologies
* Nanosciences, nanotechnologies, materials & new production technologies
* Environment (including Climate Change)
During the Visiting & Partnering Day representatives from Austrian universities and research organizations will have the opportunity of site visits to the following universities and research institutes in Iasi:
* “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University,
* “Gh. Asachi” Technical University,
* “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine,
* “Gr. T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy,
* "Petru Poni" Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry,
* National Institute of Research & Development for Technical Physics.
The organizers hope that promising new project ideas and new promising collaborative partnerships will be identified as results of the Romanian- Austrian Science Day.
Venue: “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Boulevard Carol I, No. 11, Iasi, Romania